Stanford Computer Science Diploma Ceremony
The Stanford CS Department is thrilled to welcome the classes of ’20, ’21 & ’22 to attend our in-person Diploma Ceremony. We’re excited to finally get to celebrate with you as you walk the stage in front of family and friends.
When: Saturday June 11, 2022 12:30pm-4:30(ish) Note that this is Saturday, not Sunday The doors will be open at 11:00am and a simple box lunch will be available starting at 11:30am.
Where: Maples Pavilion, 655 Campus Drive, Stanford, CA 94305. Note: This is a new site for the Computer Science Ceremony
Who: We are inviting the classes of ’20, ’21 and ’22 to attend. We are allowing late registrations. The registraton link will be activated on April 30 - May 3 for late registrants. See below for the registration link..
Please bookmark this page and refer to it frequently as more information and changes will be updated here.
- We regret that due to the number of grads and the capacity limits of Maples Pavilion, we will be giving each grad 6 tickets per graduate to give to their guests.
- Graduates will be able to claim up to 6 tickets electronically and distribute them to their guests. More information about this will be communicated to our grads shortly.
Graduates: Important Things to Know and Do
- *****Register to attend the ceremony by completing this form. ***** If you registered using the link in an email earlier, there is no need to register again. The deadline to register is April 15, 2022.
- Be on the lookout for an email with details about how to get tickets for your family and friends that will follow shortly.
- Bookmark this page and check it regularly for updates and changes
For Family and Friends
- We regret that due to the large number of graduates and the capacity restrictions of Maples Pavilion, we will be forced to limit the number of guests for each graduate to 6 people.
- We will communicate with each grad about how tickets will be distributed shortly. We will also update that information here.
- Make your lodging reservations soon. Remember, the CS Diploma Ceremony is on Saturday, not Sunday. This will be a very busy weekend and lodging will fill quickly. Here are 2 lists of some local lodging options.*
- For those not attending the ceremony in person, we will be live-streaming the event. More details will follow closer to the event.
Health and Safety
This section will be updated as guidelines change. Please check back before arriving on campus.
We will operate under the federal, state, local and Stanford University’s guidelines in place on the day of the event. This may mean that things will change as we get closer to the date.
Important note: Based on the guidelines currently (4/28/22). Proof of vaccination is no longer required.. Masking and social distancing where possible are strongly encouraged. This may change, so please check back frequently..
If you need accommodation for accessibility issues, please email CSCommencementInfo@cs.stanford.edu.
For Information about the main in-person Stanford University Commencement Celebration. Please go Here.
Q: Why aren’t we using Frost Amphitheater and having our ceremony on Sunday?
A: Celebrating the graduation of all three classes across the University means that the available spaces are being used at capacity. Using the air-conditioned Maples Pavilion on Saturday was our best option.
Q: Why are you restricting the number of guests that can attend?
A: Maples Pavilion is an indoor space and the number of graduates we expect to attend means that we have to limit the number of guests that can attend. Each graduate will be able to get up to 6 tickets.
Q: If I’m not able to attend the celebration in person, will I still be able to watch my graduate walk the stage?
A: Yes! We will be live streaming the event. Details on this will be shared closer to Commencement weekend.
Q: What if I need to bring more than 6 guests? Can I get extra tickets?
A: The deadline to claim tickets will be communicated shortly. If there are unclaimed tickets after that deadline, we will communicate the process to request extra tickets.
If you have questions that aren’t addressed on here, please contact CSCommencementInfo@cs.stanford.edu.
Last Updated 5/03/22